I don't know if you even celebrate Lent, but for those of you that do, it is begining this week.
At church this year the Ladies group is planning on kicking off the season with a Shrove Tuesday Dinner.
I am not familiar with this event. Lent? Yes. Shrove Tuesday? Nope. They told me that it is a custom in Ireland, Australia and the UK. I was told that they call it Pancake Tuesday there. Again I don't know if this is true but I plan on looking this up. The Ladies have also said that this is a confessional day. So we should receive absolution for our sins if we eat these pancakes before we confess? We shall see.
Either way, I love pancakes so I will show up.
The munchkins love the idea of eating and getting forgiven at the same time.
I admit that I agree with that!
I also love that I can learn about something like this event right along with my munchkins. A family learning together is a beautiful thing.















2 comments:
Yes, I agree, learning with your family is an amazing experience, and definitely one that they'll remember :o)
Eat some pancakes for me!!
My bloggy friend, Susan, lives in the UK, and she mentioned "Pancake Day" on her Facebook, today, so I guess it does exist. Have a great time :-).
Post a Comment