Thursday, April 3, 2008

They took over my computer

I love that the kids are on spring break right now. I actually like having them home all the time. I know, not the average response of parents these days. My only sore spot is that we have only one computer and everyone wants to be on it all the time, including me! So here I am at dawn writing my little blog so I can say I had my turn on the computer today. Silly.

Any how my munchkins are all into this toy called Webkinz. They each have one. It is this toy that you buy and it has a special code that comes with it. You then go home get online, go to the website, input your special code and then you can enter the magical world of Webkinz. Now you are the pet that your parent just spent $15 dollars on (for me multiply that by 3) on the computer. You can build a house, play games, go on treasure hunts, win prizes or tokens, it is actually really cute. The trick is that you have to go on line and feed your little pet ALL the time. It has little levels of happiness, hunger and love. So you have to feed it, talk to it, wash it, play with it, put it to bed, cute little fake responsibilities that my munchkins are awesome at. If only they could do this in real life with their real home and pets!

It is a really adorable website though. Very safe with no bad games like with killing or language. Those are hard to find for older kids now days. They can enter chat rooms with the pets, but the computer chooses what you will say! Safe that way. The funny thing was that Aimee thought that she was to old for Webkinz so she did not want one. Then I told her that some of us moms actually play for our kids to earn them more points and that we all have our own favorite games. So she got one for Easter and now she can't stop playing! She had her friend over, who is a year older than she is, and now she can't stop playing either! Her friend is worse though, she will play for hours non stop and my kids have a time limit. Now Aimee's friend will call and the kids (who ever is on at that time) will chit chat and play Webkinz with her at the same time.

I geuss it is better than me, I remember watching TV programs and talking to Michael on the phone at the same time. We would make comments about Moulder and Scully and what we would have done or whatever. Oh well, times change right? I know where they are and they are in a safe environment. So life is good.

No comments: